There are many ways to activate the Power Management menu in Windows 10, and some are much faster than others.
Your computer’s power management largely determines how much power it receives from an electrical outlet or whether it is running on battery power. Fortunately, Windows computers offer you many ways to manage your system’s power management.
If you want to change your computer’s sleep time or optimize your laptop’s battery life, you can do so through the Windows 10 Power Management menu. Here are six unique ways to quickly open Windows 10 Power Options.
What is the Windows 10 Power Options utility?
Power Options is a utility in Windows Control Panel that lets you manage your computer’s power or battery usage. This panel allows you to change the power saving mode or create a custom mode to fine-tune the system’s power consumption. In minutes, you can adjust the maximum / minimum CPU power status, set the GPU power management, and more. advanced power settings.
Most people go to the Power Management menu just to switch to Power Saver mode because Windows 10 computers use Balanced Power Saver mode by default. However, you can switch to high-performance mode if you want your computer to take full advantage of hardware resources or to a power-saving program to extend battery life.
Use the search tool to open Power Options in Windows
This is the easiest way to use Power Options on a Windows computer. All you have to do is use the search bar on the Start menu. However, it should be noted that you cannot access the power management settings directly using this search function. So you need to do this:
- If you write Food in the search bar Home menu, you will find a result called Change the power plan. Click on it.
- This will open your current power plan settings in a new window. Click Power management settings in the address bar.
That’s all. You will now see all the available power saving modes and you can switch between them or create a custom mode if needed.
Use the shortcut menu to start Power Options in Windows
This method is actually faster than using the search bar on the Start menu to open Power Options.
- Use the hotkey Windows + X to open the context menu above the Start menu.
- Then click Power management settings, which is second on the list.
Open Power Options via the battery icon
If you have a laptop, the battery icon is another quick and easy way to access the Power Management menu. The battery indicator is usually located in the lower-right corner of the taskbar. Right-click on it to open the context menu and select Power management settings.
Use the Run dialog box to open Power Options
The Run dialog box is an underutilized tool in Windows 10 that allows you to quickly open any program on your computer if you know the full path to the file. You can access this tool from the search bar on the Start menu, or best of all, use a keyboard shortcut, as experienced users do.
- Open a dialog box Run, press at the same time Windows + R. When it appears in the lower left corner, type powercfg.cpl in the field Open and press Entrance.
- Utility Power management settings opens in a new Control Panel window.
You can also use similar Run commands to run any executable file stored in the C: Windows directory.
Use a command prompt to open Power Options
You can quickly start the power management settings by using a command prompt.
- Open cmd on your computer (Windows + R> cmd> Enter), then type the following command line in the window:
%windir%system32control.exe /name Microsoft.PowerOptions
You can also use the same command line if you use Windows PowerShell instead of the command line.
Start Power Options from the Windows Control Panel
Because Power Options is a system utility, you can find it in the Windows 10 Control Panel. Of course, it’s not the easiest way to open it, but you can use it if you want to know exactly where this parameter is located. All other methods just discussed act as shortcuts to this part of the control panel.
Follow these simple steps to find the Power Management section of Control Panel:
- Start control panel On a Windows 10 computer to get started. You can use the search bar Home menu find it easily.
- Click on the main menu Hardware and sound, but you can skip this step if you see all the items on the control panel (in this case, in the upper right corner of the menu). Show: reported Large icons Where Small icons instead of Category).
- Click now Power management settings to see all available power plans.
Of course, all you have to do is use one of these methods to open the Power Options panel on your Windows 10 computer. However, it is always better to know one or more other methods that may be better suited to certain situations.
For example, launching power management settings from the battery indicator feels more natural than anything else, but we’ve covered equally quick ways to open this panel for desktop users.
Whatever path you choose, you are always in the same power management section of the control panel. But you need to try these methods and find what works best for your application.