Sometimes you only need one page of a large PDF document, but you don’t know how to quickly or easily extract a single page from a multi-page PDF document. Any Mac user can use the preview to complete the job without additional downloads or third-party software. If you have a PDF file and want to extract one page from it, follow these steps.
Extract a page from a PDF document
1. Right-click the PDF file from which you want to extract the page, select “Open with” and then “Preview”. It should launch the PDF file in Preview.
2. When the preview starts with the selected PDF document, click “View” and then “Thumbnails”. It should launch a thumbnail view of the pages in the PDF document.
3. You should now see the individual pages of this PDF document. The next easiest step is to identify the page number to be saved as a separate pdf page. Once you know the page, go to “File -> Print”. In the print menu, change “Pages” to “Third Sender” and enter the page you want to separate in both boxes.
4. Normally, at this point, you will press the “Print” button. Instead, look to the left of the print button and look for a drop-down list that is already marked in PDF format. Click this box and look for the Save PDF option.
5. Finally, click the Print button and save the file as a PDF file.
The third-party option extracts the page from the PDF
1. To get started, open the site using the link above and click “Select Files.” Alternatively, you can also drag and drop the file into the box.
2. Once you have selected the file, it will be downloaded and you can choose one of two options: extract one page and split the PDF into several options. For our purpose, choose the first one: “Extract Pages”.
3. Select “Extract Pages” and click “Select Option” to go to the page where the PDF is divided into individual pages. Select the desired page by selecting the box and clicking “Extract”. When the following page appears, click “Download” to get a new single PDF file.
You don’t have to keep a large PDF file if you only need one page. The guide above should help you extract a page from a PDF document. Preview can also do many things, such as remove the password from the PDF and convert the HEIC files to JPG.