How to add data from an image to MS Excel on Android
With the Android application in MS Excel, you can easily create and edit spreadsheets on your phone. However, it can be difficult to be productive on a small screen where much of the menu and options are hidden by default. Fortunately, there is an option that allows you to add information to an image instead of typing it in manually. Learn how to add data from an image to MS Excel Android.
How to add data from an image in MS Excel to Android
1. Open the MS Excel application and spreadsheet to which you want to add data from the image on your Android device.
Observe: You can use the spreadsheet in portrait or landscape mode. We recommend that you use it horizontally to make things easier.
2. Tap the icon at the bottom of the icon toolbar to display the built-in options.
3. Tap the icon with the “table with camera icon”, which is the last option before the “lamp” icon.
Alternatively, you can also click the “Edit” icon at the top of the “Ribbon”. Select “Add” from the menu and the “Image Details” option.
4. When you select the “Image Information” option, if you are using it for the first time, it will ask for camera permissions. Give the necessary permission to open the Camera application.
In particular, the Gallery icon is displayed in the camera interface. We will use this option in this guide.
5. Select an image and press the Continue button at the bottom to adjust the cropping area.
6. You will see a progress bar showing: “Checking out”. When you’re done, you can copy, edit, or paste the image data into your workbook.
It is recommended that you check the extracted data once before copying and pasting the actual workbook. There is no guarantee that the extracted data will be 100% accurate.
The “Data from image” option allows you to add data easily without having to enter it manually. In the meantime, you can also check out our other guides on how to make your Excel workbook read-only and how to use the chaining feature in Excel.