How to fix MSI Afterburner does not work in Windows 10
If you want to overclock or underclock your graphics processor, you’ve heard of an app called MSI Afterburner. Most guides mention this application as an easy and reliable way to overclock or undercut the GPU. It supports Nvidia and AMD graphics cards, and can also be used to adjust the speed of the graphics card fan and monitor its temperature.
If you try to change MSI Afterburner to the way your system hardware works and you can’t change anything or the various commands don’t work, you can do this.
Fix MSI Afterburner not working
Users have two common problems with MSI Afterburner; they cannot access the curve to adjust the fan speed or the clock speed sliders do not work.
1. Ctrl + F does not work
To display the fan speed control, press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + F. However, the GPU must have its own fan in order to use this feature.
Check the GPU fan
You can check if your GPU has its own fan by looking at the package or box it arrived in, or by searching for its model number on Google.
- Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager from the shortcut menu.
- Mene Performance tab in task management.
- Select GPU-1 in the left column.
- At in the upper right corner of the graphics GPU 1, notice your GPU model.
- Visit the manufacturer ‘s website for a video card and check the specifications of your model does he have his own fan. Video cards normally used in laptops do not have their own fan.
Activate hardware editing
If you have confirmed that the GPU has its own fan that MSI Afterburner can control, you may need to enable the fan control yourself.
- Click on it Settings button on the MSI Afterburner main interface.
- Mene Fans tab (if the Fans tab is missing, the app will not recognize the GPU fan).
- Activate the option “Enable automatic fan control with user-defined software”.
- Press Ctrl + F and you will see the fan curve.
If you do not have a GPU fan to control, you can use other applications to control fans in Windows 10.
2. Passive cursors
The cursors on the MSI Afterburner can be inactive for two reasons; problem in application, hardware limitations. To resolve an issue with an application, remove it.
- Open Control panel.
- Mene Programs> Uninstall a program.
- Care about MSI Afterburner from the list of installed applications.
- Click on it Delete button at the top.
- Uninstall MSI Afterburner during installation ask if you want to keep your settings. Make sure you select NO.
- Once the application is removed, reinstall it and you can control at least the memory clock and the heart clock.
Other passive cursors
The GPU design may not allow you to change the voltage and power consumption of the chip core. In this case, the sliders for these two items will not work. These types of limitations are usually found in graphics processors used in laptops and cannot be circumvented.
MSI Afterburner is easy to use, but the hardware installed on your system limits it. Often, there is not much to do but look for a different application to customize the performance of the GPU or upgrade the hardware.