MacOS 12 or Monterey beta 3 (public)
Update: A public beta is available. See here how to install it.
Shortly after the WWDC presentation was presented in early June 2021, Apple released the first beta versions of its new operating system, iOS 15, iPadOS 15, tvOS 15, watchOS 8, and macOS Monterey, to developers. The first beta was released in early July. version for Mac OS. A few hours ago, Apple offered a new latch of test versions, including macOS beta 3.
Users registered in the Apple Developer Program can therefore upgrade their Mac to macOS Monterey Beta 3 now.
MacOS 12 or Monterey is packed with new features. We will report these details in the coming weeks. In the meantime, you can check out our overall overview of the WWDC 2021 conference and follow macOS Monterey’s revelations here.
Here are some specific additions to macOS 12 beta 3 in addition to bug fixes and other performance improvements:
- Safari: As with iOS 15 beta 3, Safari’s design has been adapted to the tab bar, which is now visually closer to the features provided by macOS Big Sur, at the top of the single search bar screen and in the tabs below. The first beta version of macOS Big Sur did not have a single search bar, each tab served as a search point and as a starting point for new navigation. However, this option allows you to choose between two views, depending on your Safari settings.
– 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙚𝙚𝙡 (@MeiDoctor) July 14, 2021
- General guidance: Although it still doesn’t work on macOS 12 beta 3, Apple has configured the first settings window in macOS system options
Follow the changes in the old beta version of macOS 12 below.
- Plans: new icon
- Memories: new clothing customization options
- Wallpapers: “Hello” wallpapers that were previously exclusively for the iMac M1 are now included in macOS Monterey
Also, don’t miss: