There are two types of icons in the notification area; system icons such as speakerphone, Wi-Fi, touchpad, battery icon, and application-added icons such as Dropbox, Skype, and Slack icons. The battery icon has been broken in Windows for years, and can be found in a common place in Windows 10. Windows 10 users also have a battery slider that allows them to change their battery settings. options, but you need the battery icon present in the notification area to access it.
The battery icon is missing in Windows 10
If the battery icon is missing from the Windows 10 notification area, try the following to display it.
1. Drag the battery icon from the overflow menu
Excessive icons in the notification area are hidden in the overflow menu. The icon may be hidden in this overflow menu.
- Its Click the drop-down arrow on the taskbar.
- A the overflow menu opens shows all hidden icons in the notification area.
- Find the battery icon and drag it overflow menu and detector area.
- The battery icon now remains visible in the notification area and indicate the system charge / discharge status.
2. Activate the battery icon
The battery icon is an integral part of Windows, but Windows 10 allows users to enable or disable it. If you do not see the battery icon in the taskbar and overflow menu, you may need to turn it on.
- Open Application of regulations and go Custom parameter group.
- choose taskbar tab and scroll to Notification area.
- Click “Select the icons that appear on the taskbar.”
- Turn it over Power on icon. This is the battery icon.
3. Update the battery driver
The battery, like any other hardware, is only detected by Windows 10 because the correct driver is installed. This driver may become obsolete over time with new Windows 10 updates or if you replace the battery.
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Battery Device Group.
- Right-click the Microsoft AC adapterand select Update the driver from the shortcut menu. Install all available updates.
- Repeat this for other devices with batteries, such as a battery device with a Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method.
- Restart the system after installing the updates.
4. Disable / enable the battery
If you have recently replaced the battery, you may need to reinstall it.
- Make sure that the system is connected to a reliable power source. Close all open documents to avoid losing anything in the event of a system crash or shutdown.
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand the batteries.
- Right-click the Microsoft network device, and then click Remove Device.
- Accept the screen prompt.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the battery pack of the Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method.
- Restart the system.
- Open Device management again and expand Batteries.
- Right-click the Microsoft AC adapter and the Microsoft ACPI-compliant control battery.one at a time and select Activate the device.
- Restart the system again and the battery icon appears in the notification area. Repeat solutions 1 and 2 after that.
5. Uninstall your battery applications
Some hardware manufacturers, especially Dell, restrict the use of unofficial / third-party materials well. This means that if you replaced the battery and the battery was not originally purchased from the device manufacturer, it may not register. If so, this fix may or may not work, but you might want to give it a try.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Mene Hardware and sound.
- Look for anything your own battery or power management applications with the same name as the laptop manufacturer. Write down the name.
- Back to basics control panel -display. Mene Programs> Uninstall a program.
- Hae power management application and remove it. In some cases, such as with Dell, the application may be part of a driver or enhancement. You must uninstall the entire package to get rid of the application.
- Restart the system.
6. Perform a system scan
Corrupted system files can be responsible for the battery icon not appearing on the taskbar.
- Open a command prompt with administrator privileges.
- Run next command.
- Allow the scan to finish and correct any problems it detects.
- RBoot the system.
7. Create a new user
Some errors affect user accounts, and often the easiest way to fix them is to create a new user account. Try creating a new user account and see if the battery icon appears. If so, switch to the new account and delete the old one after transferring the settings and files to the new user.
The battery icon is difficult to use because it provides critical system information.
Even if you use your laptop from a power source most of the time, you may still need a battery icon to make sure the system is plugged in. Applying for it is usually easy.