Game controllers may look like a standard peripheral that you can connect to your console and computer, but they are not as simple as a keyboard and mouse. The keyboard and mouse work with most computers, regardless of make and model. The same does not apply to game controllers.
PS3 driver in Windows 10
PS controllers are popular if you have a PlayStation. Ideally, if you’re playing on a Windows 10 computer, use the Xbox controller with it, but you can also use the PlayStation controller.
PlayStation controllers, such as Xbox controllers, will improve over time. New models will be released with the PS5 controller, which is currently the latest. The PS3 is fairly old (introduced in 2006) and was preceded by Windows 10. You need drivers to use the driver and third-party drivers.
Install the PS3 drivers
ScpToolkit is a third-party application that installs players on unofficial / third-party PlayStation drivers on Windows 10, which is basically a PS3 driver because the official driver is not available for Windows 10.
Configure the PS3 driver for installation
- If you have a wired PS3 controller or want to use it as a wired controller, connect the PS3 controller to your computer via a USB data cable.
- To use the PS3 wireless controller, connect its Bluetooth adapter to the system.
- Download ScpToolkit by SourceForge.
- Run the application.
- Do not change the default settings If you plan to use the controller via a bluetooth connection, make sure the ScpToolkit Bluetooth Pair Utility option is enabled.
- Click Install.
- On request, Click the Run Driver Installer button.
- Select the drivers you want to install. You should check the PS3 controller Install the Dualshock 3 driver and Bluetooth connection, then click Next.
- Open Select from the driver drop-down list and select a driver from the list.
- Click Next and allow drivers to be installed.
- When the installation is complete, you can use PS3 controller with supported games.
Disable driver signature monitoring
ScpToolkit works normally, but if the driver installation fails, you may need to disable the driver signing application in Windows 10.
- Open the Start menu and click power button.
- Hold on Shift key and click Restart in the power menu.
- Mene Troubleshooting> Advanced> Startup Settings.
- choose Disable the driver signature and press F7 to start from the desktop.
- Try reinstalling the driver With ScpToolkit.
PS3 and Steam controller
If you play games on Steam, the process is much easier. Steam has native support for this.
- Connect the controller your system.
- Open Burn.
- Steam starts automatically switches to large image mode and if not, go manually.
- Mene Driver Settings menu.
- Specify Ps3 controller.
Note: Some enhanced controller features may not work, but you can play comfortably.
If you have a PS3 controller lying down, you may want to invest a little time in making it work. If you plan to buy a new driver and plan to use it with a Windows 10 computer, it’s best to buy an Xbox controller. If your heart is inserted into the PlayStation controller, get a PS5 or PS4 controller to make it easier to install.