The Windows 11 preview became available to users a few months ago. The new operating system only works on 64-bit machines, has a brand new interface, and now has an official release date.
Windows 11 Release Date
Today, we’re excited to announce that shipping for Windows 11 will begin on October 5, 2021. On that day, a free Windows 11 update will be available for Windows 10 PCs and computers preloaded with Windows 11. for purchase.
The notice clarifies a few things for users who want to upgrade to Windows 11.
- Windows 10 users can upgrade to Windows 11 for free.
- Laptops and desktops with Windows 11 preinstalled are available on the release date.
- Users with brand new computers without an operating system installed can purchase a brand new license for Windows 11
Like Windows 10 feature updates, Windows 11 is slowly becoming available for Windows 10 users who want to update their operating system. What does this mean;
- Windows 11 will be available to all Windows 10 users on October 5, 2021.
- After a month or two, deployment will expand and Windows 11 will be offered as a free upgrade to more Windows 10 users through Windows Update.
- Windows 11 will be available in June-July 2022.
How to upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10
When Windows 11 is generally available to all users, Windows 10 users can upgrade to Windows 11 through Windows Update.
- Open Using the settings with the Win + I hotkey.
- Mene Update and security.
- Care about Windows Update.
- Click Check for an update.
- Download the Windows 11 Update and install it.
Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
Microsoft has not disclosed whether the Media Creation Tool is available for Windows 11. It will likely release a tool like the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool soon after the release of Windows 11 for users to use. Can install a new operating system if they want. want.
Related: This hidden feature in Windows 10 can give you virtual surround sound
Check the computer’s suitability
Windows 11 is available for acceptable devices. In general, if you have TPM 2.0 or later and UEFI / Secure Boot, your laptop may be eligible for the upgrade. To determine other hardware requirements, see the requirements published by Microsoft. You can also try Why Not Windows 11 to see why your device may not be valid.
Make sure that you have at least 20 GB of free space on your Windows drive before downloading and installing the update.